Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Chapala FAIL

Yes, we are still alive! Bobs been struggling with health issues, so lately I've been doing the cooking. We are all loosing weight. Not because I cook so well, but so poorly. :(   This will not be a post of what yummy dinner I made from my trip to the market, but more about the current prices in Mexico.

So, Monday was tianguis day in Chapala. Mel and I headed in to the market while the two little ones were in school. Here is a list what we bought and the prices we paid.

 Note: I do not haggle on prices. Most prices are posted, but if not I ask and either purchase or walk away.

Currently 13 pesos = 1 usd

40 Fake pesos and coin game for Mairen  
20 mariachi music CD
15 huge cauliflower
30  1/2 kilo raisins
80 two pairs of soccer shorts for Shay
30   6 kilos of bananas  (yes, we eat that many)
10  bag of cucumbers..about 10 cukes
20 big pineapple
20 3 kilos of mangos
30 2 kilos of tomoatoes
30 1 kilo of green grapes
10   5 skeins of embrodery yard
35 quart of local raw honey...just dripped off the comb..it was amazing!
40  1/2 kilo of roasted peanuts (to make peanut butter with)
24  1 kilo of peruano blanco beans  (white Peruvian beans)
19  1 kilo of aluvia beans (think cannellini beans)
13  1 kilo of white rice
6    pack of 4 AAA batteries
3   sweet bread  (all that shopping make a girl hungry)

The Huge FAIL was I decided to make a cauliflower and bean soup.
*I* thought it was good.  Bob was sick, kids opted for raw cauliflower and bananas refering to my soup as "babyfood"....

*I* have a huge pot of it left over LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment